After testing all available options for Kirby CMS e-commerce integration, we chose Snipcart as the best among them, by far.
The main reasons are:
- Many payment gateways + custom payment gateway integration if needed
- Advanced tax support
- Advanced shipping support with the most popular providers of automation support
- Advanced invoicing support
- Advanced regional and currency settings
- Multilanguage and multicurrency support
- Advanced emails support with abandoned carts recovery campaigns
- Digital products support
- Subscriptions support, although for now in beta, and only available for Stripe payment gateway
- It is free to start, with no expensive subscription
Also, a very important thing is that Snipcart developing team is very active, not just in the development part, but also in the support. In many ways, they share similar philosophy as Kirby.
Second thing is to configure your account profile.
When developing your shop you should keep it as a test environment.
This is the most important thing. To be able to connect your Snipcart account with your Zero One shop you must create your unique API key inside your account.
- Payment gateway
- Domains & URLs
- Regional and currency settings
- Email templates
When sales start pouring in Snipcart dashboard will be your command center.
The main thing is to go to Shop Settings in the shop page, turn on Snipcart, and add your Snipcart API. You can also choose how you like the cart to be displayed and whether the tax is included in the price, or it is added to the price at the checkout. If you have tax at all.
Shop Snipcart options
All that is left is to add a product and choose Snipcart in the Product Type option.
Snipcart product options
And voila, you are ready to go 🚀